Are you planning to insulate your house? If so, you have to look for a professional company to do the job. However, searching for the right one can be a bit stressful. This is because you are allowing complete strangers to come into your house and do the job. You have to look for a reliable company. However, there are a lot of options to choose from. How do you know what’s best for you?
Of course, you’ve got to do some research. Nowadays, those huge yellow pages books are outdated. The easiest and fastest way to look for companies is to search online. You can click here for an example.
You also have to ask them questions after you find several various companies. To make things simple, you have to interview them. You have to ideally acquire 3 estimates on the insulation work for your house.
A reliable insulation company will provide you referrals to their previous clients. You have to ensure that you really call the references that they offer. Then, you can ask questions such as:
- Did they maintain a clean workspace and clean up well after the job?
- Did they provide you a written quote before doing the job? Was the project finished on time and on a budget?
- Was the contractor on time?
- Why did you choose this company?
What Should You Ask The Insulation Company Before Getting Started?
You should ask the insulation company question such as:
- Do you have any references I can call?
- What kinds of insulation do you install?
- How do you handle client complaints?
- Do you have policies to cover any emergencies while doing the job?
- Are you a member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau)?
- Do you have a license to work in this state?
- How long have you been in the industry?
Do not hesitate to ask inquiries. An excellent insulation firm will be glad to answer every single question you’ve got.
Whenever you ask for quotes, you have to ensure it will be submitted in a written contract. It should also include the following:
- Possible problems the contractor may face during the process of installation
- Expressed warranties for the job
- The schedule
- The overall cost (is it based on coverage area, fixed price, or hourly rate?)
- The install R-value. Keep in mind that it should be the final R-value when everything is done, not the thickness.
- The coverage area to be insulated.
Does the Insulation Company Have Experts On-Staff?
An excellent insulation firm will have experts available who’ve got a lot of knowledge of home energy use, insulation types, equipment, and much more.
Are they Certified and Trained?
Always hire an insulation contractor that keeps its workers updated on the latest products and technologies. They should also be trained constantly.
How experienced is Their Staff?
Always hire a company that has been in business for a long time. Also, you will want a company that knows and works with a lot of various forms of insulation. This will help you choose the ideal type of insulation for your house.